Overview of the Firo-B
The Firo is ideal for anyone wanting to improve relationships with other people, whether just one other person or with a group of people. The FIRO-B measures your interpersonal needs in 3 areas:
- Inclusion – This relates to forming new relationships with others. It determines how much contact a person wants to have with others.
- Control – This relates to decision making, influence and persuasion between people. It determines the degree of power or dominance a person seeks.
- Affection – This relates to emotional ties and warm connections between people. It determines the degree of closeness a person seeks.
For each area you will get a result which describes your expressed score – the extent to which you will initiate the behaviour and the wanted score, the extent to which you want or will accept that behaviour from others. You will find out the extent that your behaviour is congruent, or not, with what you actually want. It is the start of an in-depth understanding of behaviour and whether you want to (or not) make changes. If you choose not to make changes you will have raised your awareness of the consequences.
This page may not be up to date, until the revisions are complete you will find the most uptodate material and payment links here: http://www.amazingpeople.co.uk/firob/
More information on the Firo-B
The Firo-B is a fantastic instrument to help you understand your own behaviour and the behaviour of others. Using these insights you can learn how to get along better at work, in personal relationships and in social settings. You can use the Firo-B to:
- Measure what you want in interpersonal relationships at work
- Improve personal relationships at work and with friends
- Understand how you prefer to relate to others
- Identify your leadership style
- Clarify how you want other people to behave towards you
- Increase your understanding of how you handle interpersonal relationships
- Identify how to increase job satisfaction
- Improve your effectiveness on teams
- Plan your career development
I make an effort to include others in my activities. I try to belong, to join social groups – to be with people as much as possible.
I try to exert control and influence over things. I enjoy organising things and directing others
I make an effort to get close to people. I am comfortable expressing personal feelings and I try to be supportive of others.
I want other people to invite me to belong. I enjoy it when others notice me
I feel most comfortable working in well-defined situations. I try to get clear expectations and instructions.
I want others to act warmly towards me. I enjoy it when people share their feelings with me and when they encourage.
Who should take the Firo-B?
Anyone who wants to gain a deeper self insight to enhance relationships. It will help you to
- Plan career development
- Increase job satisfaction
- Increase personal effectiveness
- Increase effectiveness in working with teams
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your leadership style
You can use the FIRO-B for team building and it is an excellent addition to the MBTI. It helps you to understand likely sources of tension, your leadership style, how to improve decision making, and how to improve communication and to deal with conflict.
What’s included and costs
- Everything you need to take the assessment on line
- Downloadable full colour 14 page report
- Personal feedback discussion with Denise
To buy: £120
To read a copy of the report and find out more: Firo B – more information
How do I buy it? What happens next?
- You make payment via paypal or using the worldpay secured server. You will promptly receive an e-mail with a link to the assessment and full instructions, including your user name and password.
- You complete the assessment on line in the comfort of your own home. Take 10-15 minutes to answer the questions. It’s that simple!
- All reports are personalised to reflect your responses – you will be sent a report which details your results.
- Usually within 2-12 hours your report will be sent to you as an Adobe PDF file, at weekends there could be a slight delay.
- You contact Denise to schedule the discussion